Welcome
Welcome to IS WINTER COMING?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

A Game of Thrones: Season 2

Discussion of all aspects of the TV show - the faltering novelization, the comics, the art, the new canon, the games, etc.

Re: A Game of Thrones: Season 2

Postby silentmajority » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:44 am

Little Petyr wrote:My fat pink mast comment was obviously not aimed at anyone on IWC, just the rest of the internet.

Or at least I thought it was obvious.

Anyway Rob; He's dead. He's dead because he was stupid. /topic.

Rumor has it the character who plays Rob has been signed up for season 6, so it looks like he'll be rising from the dead.
Have any of you even considered that maybe George just isn't that good? That he got lucky with the first three books? That he had a great story leading up to the Red Wedding and the rest of the story he has no frickin' clue? haha Does that even cross your minds? ~ Shawn Speakman 1/31/2012
silentmajority
The God Of GRRuMble

Postby weniusa » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:46 am

Have you checked Entertainment Weekly's new set pictures? They are mostly amazing. And Jaime, even with darker hair colour, is totally :boobs:

Laydlo, I wholeheartedly agree with you: no more wtf wigs this season!! Besides, they have apparently decided to tone down KL's ridiculous hair styles. Sansa is soooooo beautiful in this pic http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,2047053 ... l#21133660
"How can you measure thinking? You can count the tables a carpenter makes, but what kind of rule could measure the amount of thought necessary to define the essence of tableosity?"
weniusa
Lean Mean Detracting Machine

Postby Dolan » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:46 pm

i feel like a pedo when i see pics of Sansa :|
Karsa stole my bike
Dolan
Grizzled GRRuMbler

Postby Kael Edin » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:53 pm

There is also this interview with Gurm in Canada put on a wic article http://winteriscoming.net/2012/03/grrm-interviewed-on-canadian-tv/#comment-158247
Martin never forget about us and I feel touched.
It started about the interview and ended up (again) detractors vs apologists. It went good and I'm happy because I think I trolled. Have a look if you got nothing better to do, I could use the opinion of the experts.
Calendar Restorer, RPG books Moisturizer
Kael Edin
Nobody´s Bitch !

Postby weniusa » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:05 pm

You didn't troll at all: in fact, you were much more reasonable than most people there.
Knurk had a point, though: do you think George mentions detractors to play the victim in the interviews? If so :deadhorse:
"How can you measure thinking? You can count the tables a carpenter makes, but what kind of rule could measure the amount of thought necessary to define the essence of tableosity?"
weniusa

Postby JapieQ » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:39 pm

Kael Edin wrote:There is also this interview with Gurm in Canada put on a wic article http://winteriscoming.net/2012/03/grrm-interviewed-on-canadian-tv/#comment-158247
Martin never forget about us and I feel touched.
It started about the interview and ended up (again) detractors vs apologists. It went good and I'm happy because I think I trolled. Have a look if you got nothing better to do, I could use the opinion of the experts.

your Whinehead comment was absolutely classic the other day :clap: .
"I would happily vote for a satisfactory TV-ending and no further books. It would be the end of George skullfucking the brains out of his own story. That shit is just tragic to witness."

- UnGregorian_Chanting
JapieQ
Emperor Of Detraction

Highscores: 1

Postby Kael Edin » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:46 pm

Knurk is spot on. Gurm likes to be cuddled by compassionate fans.

What I tried to do there was by pretending I defend the apologist argument, expose Martin for what he really is/does.
I really wanted to be clear what's right behavior and what's douchey.
I guess professional trolling is a rocky road full of sacrifices. I still have a lot to learn.

Edit: Thanks Japie, I'm glad somebody noticed.

PS. Does anybody know who knurk is?
Kael Edin
Nobody´s Bitch !

Postby weniusa » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:55 pm

No idea, but he's a big fan of the tv series. Do you know if he's around here? He must be, at least lurking. No one can express that disdain for George while at the same time loving the tv series other than a detractor.
weniusa

Postby Rex » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:57 pm

Gotta be someone from here. I mean look at this tweet http://twitter.com/#!/Nagil_K/status/165778995328192513

edit: he's Dutch, I believe. JPQ is that you? :troll:
Jetboi!: I had to drop a Deuces Down and went Inside Straight to the toilet but ended up with a Busted Flush.
Rex
Dinosaur Jr.

Postby weniusa » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:03 pm

Yeah, that's the definitive proof :mrgreen:
weniusa

Postby Kael Edin » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:05 pm

Well, if he's not a resident, an invitation seems proper.
Too bad I can't pm on wic.

I saw that felix guy too. Must be green with plenty of sharp teeth.
Kael Edin
Nobody´s Bitch !

Postby flowered » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:06 pm

Rex wrote:Gotta be someone from here. I mean look at this tweet http://twitter.com/#!/Nagil_K/status/165778995328192513

edit: he's Dutch, I believe. JPQ is that you? :troll:

Knurk is also one of the most profound analyst of Shawn Speakman moving prose. :troll:
---
KEEPING PEOPLE WAITING.—A sure way of exasperating people and of putting bad thoughts into their heads is to keep them waiting long. That makes them immoral- Human All-Too-Human (310), Friedrich Nietzsche
---
GRRM happens to be fat. This is a fact. He happens to be disrespectful of the role his fans have played in his financial success. This is a fact. He happens to have a highly questionable work ethic. This is a fact. We aren't defaming anyone, we're calling it like we see it.

scorpiknox
flowered
Cuntstained Finger

Postby JapieQ » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:10 pm

lol I thought everyone here knew I was Knurk
"I would happily vote for a satisfactory TV-ending and no further books. It would be the end of George skullfucking the brains out of his own story. That shit is just tragic to witness."

- UnGregorian_Chanting
JapieQ
Emperor Of Detraction

Highscores: 1

Postby Rex » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:28 pm

Kael Edin wrote:I saw that felix guy too. Must be green with plenty of sharp teeth.

:hiya:

JapieQ wrote:lol I thought everyone here knew I was Knurk

You never made it known to us!
Jetboi!: I had to drop a Deuces Down and went Inside Straight to the toilet but ended up with a Busted Flush.
Rex
Dinosaur Jr.

Postby weniusa » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:30 pm

lol, Japie, how could we know? From now on I'll read all of Knurk's posts in another light ;)
weniusa

PreviousNext

Return to HBO's "Game Of Thrones"