Welcome
Welcome to IS WINTER COMING?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Art of Ice and Fire

Discussion of all aspects of the TV show, the faltering novelization, the comics, the art, the new canon, the games, even the pooks, etc.

Re: Art of Ice and Fire

Postby Den Mother » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:26 am

Art
Last edited by Den Mother on Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Den Mother
WordStar Whisperer

Postby Den Mother » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:31 am

art
Last edited by Den Mother on Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Den Mother
WordStar Whisperer

Postby FalseKnight » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:16 am

Den Mother wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ok, so this a Jeopardy hint, right?

Let me see, hmm. An elephant that shits a tree house, the symbolism is vague. A dire wolf with antlers symbolizes the baby Robert and Lyanna never had. The octopus is clearly a Greyjoy nuncle. The weasels represent the soup TV Arya never made. A sturgeon shitting a birdhouse clearly represents Daario is Benjen. The bear must be the one Tormund never fucked.

What are things we won't see on GoT?
Last edited by FalseKnight on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rex wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
CRITICISING THE ADMINS AND MODS

Mickey2093 wrote:If you want Mature advice, seek out FalseKnight. He knows where to sew the damned nipples.
FalseKnight
Duke of Detraction

Postby Morgoth » Thu May 28, 2015 4:03 am

Mickey2093 wrote:Morgoth is NOT a particularly mature poster. Downright silly at times.

LadyDi wrote:He didn't choose the cock. The cock chose him.

https://www.goodreads.com/Val1989
Morgoth
Pinball Wizard

Postby Exscabular » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:19 am

Has MacCathmhaoil made new art recently, anyone know?
His stuff, which you can see earlier in this thread, is incredible.
Exscabular
Hoary Whore of Hodor

Postby 12DaysOfWastedTime » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:46 pm

Sturgeon?? It's a gharial!!
12DaysOfWastedTime
Cock Womble

Postby FalseKnight » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:57 am

12DaysOfWastedTime wrote:Sturgeon?? It's a gharial!!

Immaterial, it's shitting a birdhouse.
Rex wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
CRITICISING THE ADMINS AND MODS

Mickey2093 wrote:If you want Mature advice, seek out FalseKnight. He knows where to sew the damned nipples.
FalseKnight
Duke of Detraction

Postby Den Mother » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:46 am

Transforming into a dragon, not just riding it?
Who wants to guess the three heads?
I say, Dany, Tyrion, Jon.
Right?
DM
Den Mother
WordStar Whisperer

Postby UnmightyWhitey » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:01 pm

Morgoth wrote:http://i.imgur.com/AMiVro5.jpg

:dancingturtle:

That image is actually pretty comical, Morgoth. The turtles along with "Where do whores go" (well the whole journey down the Rhoyne really - okay I suppose the Stone Men attacking was intriguing but I cared so little for either of the Griffs that I didn't really sympathise with Jon Connington), Daario's blue hair, Roose's pink clothing and Dany's little girl lost musings are not things I regret being cut from the show. Gosh, I didn't realise you posted the image as long ago as May.
Last edited by UnmightyWhitey on Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
UnmightyWhitey
Miniature Slash Fanboi

Postby Morgoth » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:17 am

A little cartoony Targaryen sigil I made.

Spoiler:
Mickey2093 wrote:Morgoth is NOT a particularly mature poster. Downright silly at times.

Morgoth
Pinball Wizard

Postby Morgoth » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:19 am

UnmightyWhitey wrote:
Morgoth wrote:http://i.imgur.com/AMiVro5.jpg

:dancingturtle:

That image is actually pretty comical, Morgoth. The turtles along with "Where do whores go" (well the whole journey down the Rhoyne really - okay I suppose the Stone Men attacking was intriguing but I cared so little for either of the Griffs that I didn't really emphasise with Jon Connington), Daario's blue hair, Roose's pink clothing and Dany's little girl lost musings are not things I regret being cut from the show. Gosh, I didn't realise you posted the image as long ago as May.

Thank you! Oh, indeed a while passed. A bit more than a year. But I'm really glad someone noticed my turtle and found it funny. I appreciate it. :)
And I have to agree with you, too. I really didn't miss the turtles, Daario's blue beard and all the other things you mention. Along with "nuncles" and plenty of other annoying things that stuffed pooks 4 and 5. :fartingbrony:

Morgoth
Pinball Wizard

Postby UnmightyWhitey » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:31 am

I just realised I put "emphasise" as in putting the emphasis on instead of "sympathise" in my original comment on the fan art. I think there were some good bits in books 4 and 5 but they did need trimming. I don't suppose you got the British comedy programme "Only Fools and Horses" where you live - it finished quite a while ago. But there was a character called Uncle Albert who Del Boy (another of the characters) called "Nuncie" so I found it very difficult to take the "nuncles" seriously and any of the phoney medieval wording really - "mayhaps" etc. One of the things (avert your eyes Tolkien fans) that irritated me about LoTR was the author's use of (to me) silly language sometimes (something like one of the characters having an eleventy-first birthday). I'm sure though that there will be some show haters who go to their graves asserting that D&D were stupid hacks for cutting Victarion and Damphair though (well there was a priest but they didn't specify that he was Damphair).
UnmightyWhitey
Miniature Slash Fanboi

Postby Mojo » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:53 am

I submitted this for WC soon to be adapted for HBOImage
Mojo
12 Hour Work Day

Postby Atreyu » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:51 pm

No, I am not a best-selling fantasy author whose series HBO picked up. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn. Go fuck yourself.
Atreyu
El Consolador

Postby UnmightyWhitey » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:15 pm

I suppose Brienne above looks more like Book Brienne than Gwendoline Christie (I do like Gwendoline's portrayal though). Is Jaime supposed to be tripping out on whatever Qyburn gave him? He looks awfully jolly for a man who has been maimed and put in danger of losing his life!

What I actually came to post was that the Google doodle on 1st March (St David's Day - he being the patron saint of Wales) took me to a picture of some dragon statues that had been made out of fibreglass to celebrate it. To me the dragons (well they're not full dragons - dragon heads and a bit of neck more like it) have a bit of a GoT dragons vibe http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-nort ... s-39128228. The Welsh dragon as appears on the Welsh flag (as I'm sure UK visitors to this site - and possibly non-UK ones also - know) is of course a four-legged dragon. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Wales
UnmightyWhitey
Miniature Slash Fanboi

PreviousNext

Return to HBO's "Game Of Thrones"