Welcome
Welcome to IS WINTER COMING?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

IMDB nuked it's forums

TV, cinema, gaming, music discussion.

IMDB nuked it's forums

Postby lodiymsimreg » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:23 am

They said people would rather communicate on Facebook or Twitter. Seriously WTF? forums are dying out across the internet.

I joined that site in 2005. IMDB forum was the first place I went after watching any movie alone if I was either confused about it, or more often disliked it and wanted to vent. Every single movie had a discussion. Even if you found some obscure unkown actor with no discussion and wanted to make a comment about them, BOOM up pops a new forum.

Admittedly the last year or so had seen some very low quality posting especially in new films like Star Wars and Marvel films. But that is no reason to destroy the entire message board system.

Screw you IMDB. Account deleted.
lodiymsimreg
Owner of "It"

Re: IMDB nuked it's forums

Postby Atreyu » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:28 pm

[quote="lodiymsimreg"]They said people would rather communicate on Facebook or Twitter. Seriously WTF? forums are dying out across the internet.

People say a giant asterisk asteroid killed the dinosaurs. But it was the inability to say RAT **** BAT **** DIRTY OLD **** SIXTY-NINE ASSHOLES TIED IN A KNOT HURRAY! LIZARD **** **** wot done them in.
No, I am not a best-selling fantasy author whose series HBO picked up. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn. Go fuck yourself.
Atreyu
El Consolador

Postby Morgoth » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:15 pm

[quote="Atreyu"][quote="lodiymsimreg"]They said people would rather communicate on Facebook or Twitter. Seriously WTF? forums are dying out across the internet.

People say a giant asterisk asteroid killed the dinosaurs. But it was the inability to say RAT **** BAT **** DIRTY OLD **** SIXTY-NINE ASSHOLES TIED IN A KNOT HURRAY! LIZARD **** **** wot done them in.

Woah, slow down. You mean Rex croaked? :gurm:
Mickey2093 wrote:Morgoth is NOT a particularly mature poster. Downright silly at times.

LadyDi wrote:He didn't choose the cock. The cock chose him.

https://www.goodreads.com/Val1989
Morgoth
Pinball Wizard

Postby pamparius » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:03 pm

I also really liked the IMDB boards, even though they were ancient and had the worst organisation I've ever seen.... They were a decent place to see people dissect movies. I especially liked the board for the 2009 movie "Triangle", so many great theories floating around there.
pamparius
Poring Podacious Pookwanker

Return to Culture