Welcome
Welcome to IS WINTER COMING?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

GRRM NAB:Game of Thrones Someday To Be Adapted Into A Novel

The forum where you can debate the long waits between books in the "A Song of Ice and Fire" saga without being banned or frowned upon (depending on how you choose to word yourself, you *may* expect frowning).

Re: GRRM NAB:Game of Thrones Someday To Be Adapted Into A No

Postby Karsa » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:07 pm

Now listen, you cynical, ungrateful fucks - The Man deserves some fucking respect!!

Besides all that, there's been the huge new Wild Cards deal, the Wild Cards reread, lots of stuff with HBO that I cannot talk about yet, and of course -- always, always -- WINDS OF WINTER.

So much to do. And the days go by so quickly. I love my work, all my work, all my projects, all my children, but sometimes it seems as if the harder I work, the further behind I get.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/527454.html

tWoW on the horizon, *******!!!

Maybe things will calm down soon. But I am not holding my breath.

Uh-oh....

:gurm:
"We're discussing giants robots here. Please stay on topic"

I, Gurm
- NAB -
Karsa
Janitor From Hell

Highscores: 10

Postby Atreyu » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:43 am

Lots of stuff with HBO that I cannot talk about yet

GM: *pissing and shitting himself on his knees in an HBO boardroom* You must needs conclude with three feature length films. I COMMAND IT!

HBO: **** off.
No, I am not a best-selling fantasy author whose series HBO picked up. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn. Go fuck yourself.
Atreyu
El Consolador

Postby The Dude Abides » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:44 am

The day that ASOIAF REDDIT community Red-Pilled into IWC.

But sometimes it seems as if the harder I work, the further behind I get.

Not long ago most of ASOIAF fandom was like North Korea or Westoros.org. Being that if you, so much as spoke out, or even voiced a concern over Grrm's post 2000 sloth like writing pace, it never saw the light of day or was quickly shut down.

Detractorism has truly become mainstream.

:aryalaugh:
*Disclaimer*
To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.
*Discaimer*
The Dude Abides
Tumblr Twat

Postby Mickey2093 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:11 pm

The Dude Abides wrote:The day that ASOIAF REDDIT community Red-Pilled into IWC.

But sometimes it seems as if the harder I work, the further behind I get.

Not long ago most of ASOIAF fandom was like North Korea or Westoros.org. Being that if you, so much as spoke out, or even voiced a concern over Grrm's post 2000 sloth like writing pace, it never saw the light of day or was quickly shut down.

Detractorism has truly become mainstream.

:aryalaugh:

lmfao - best comment I've seen so far:

Uruk wrote:Why fuck longer the pussy of delay?
marlboro gold wrote:I was sold 5 books so far over the promise of a full series. I dont think I will get it. I have the right to bitch. It is as simple as that.
Mickey2093
Dicktractor

Postby Masspsychosis » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:28 pm

That is great, made me chuckle

Also:
http://imageshack.com/i/ple1Pi1ep
Masspsychosis
Lurking with Lindaaaa

Postby Morgoth » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:55 pm

Mickey2093 wrote:
lmfao - best comment I've seen so far:

That's gold :snicker: :aryalaugh:

We're witnessing the end of an era, folks. And also, the slow extinction of an species -that of the pookwankers/Gaimanites/GRRMlins.

We should change the header of the board. "We were detractors before it was cool". :GURMshuffle:
Mickey2093 wrote:Morgoth is NOT a particularly mature poster. Downright silly at times.

LadyDi wrote:He didn't choose the cock. The cock chose him.

https://www.goodreads.com/Val1989
Morgoth
Pinball Wizard

Postby marlboro gold » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:07 pm

Morgoth, detraction is not supposed to be cool. It is a public service. A monastic life of high responsibility and sacrifice.
ImageSMOKING KILLS Image
marlboro gold
Marquise MUSH de Kincqe

Postby SerTarod » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:52 am

slurm must feel so comfortable being supported and protected by his sad minions at W:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/t ... nt-7894363

with this amount of jockstrap support by moront et al, he can go for years :buttshake:
SerTarod
New York Jet

Postby mysterious mose » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:30 pm

[quote="Morgoth"]We're witnessing the end of an era, folks. And also, the slow extinction of an species -that of the pookwankers/Gaimanites/GRRMlins.

The shooting for the final season of the show will begin soon and Martin continues to demonstrate that he couldn't give less of a **** about finishing the story ever, let alone first. At the same time, he shamelessly milks the IP by releasing an encyclopedia for a half-revealed story/world, touring conventions and doing TV shows constantly (until TV shows stopped inviting him because he's become a joke as well as being a shitty talk show guest with no charisma) and trying to get more TV deals for **** like Dunk and Egg that nobody cares about.

It already took a heavy dose of denial not to see that the man checked out of this series nearly 20 years ago and hasn't actually published anything that deserves to be called a novel since. "Books" 4/5 were just one giant, bloated unedited manuscript chopped into two volumes (with the major battle and plotline resolutions left out, no less) and it still took eleven years to crap it out fully to the public. Now he's released about 15 uninspiring chapters of TWOW, all of which were clearly written years ago and even he admits the actual book is nowhere in sight. There's almost no place left for people who seek some sustenance for their denial to turn. When the publisher finally says "**** it" and shoves whatever garbage they have for TWOW out the door, it will be over. The book will suck, the TV show will already be done, and nobody will care whether Martin lives to be 80 so that maybe he puts out another one.
mysterious mose
Owner of "It"

Postby Atreyu » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:39 pm

ANGRY TYPEWRITER POST! So you know it's important.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/528064.html

Oh, lordy lordy. While the factual errors are borderline shameful, the Great Ser should understand that not many publications are going to do a close fact check of such a nothing story. Sorry, buddy, your pissant project just isn't a big deal. Link the damn story next time, too. Dummy.
No, I am not a best-selling fantasy author whose series HBO picked up. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn. Go fuck yourself.
Atreyu
El Consolador

Postby The Dude Abides » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:14 pm

Ohh heavens my!!!!

It seems Grrm has also been victimized by the "Fake " news we have all heard so much about these past few months! Ohh the horror!!

Really I feel sorry for whoever was assigned to cover this pissant story about "StageCoach", they must have been drunk in order to finish the story.

Grrm keeps alluding to some "Big-Deal" in the works with HBO or whoever. If it is not ASOIAF related, absolutely no-one, not even the sychophants who relentlessly praise him, gives two fucks . So if somehow, some idiot green lights anything "Wild Cards" related they deserve whatever disastrous economic calamity befalls them, and it will be a "Howard the Duck" level of failure.

:wildcards:
Last edited by The Dude Abides on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*Disclaimer*
To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.
*Discaimer*
The Dude Abides
Tumblr Twat

Postby Karsa » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:41 am

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww, poor Goergie all worked up!!

Let´s binge-blog about...well, guess what:

http://grrm.livejournal.com/528132.html

http://grrm.livejournal.com/528565.html

Self-indulgent ****.

:poo: :wildcards: :writing!:
"We're discussing giants robots here. Please stay on topic"

I, Gurm
- NAB -
Karsa
Janitor From Hell

Highscores: 10

Postby rightbrain » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:03 am

oh Gurm

-- I am not going to be "running" a foundation, much less a studio.

Of course you aren't. That would involve doing work. :****:
rightbrain
Yelmer of the Week

Postby graff » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:34 am

Of course he would bash poor journalism...

...he's only spent the last 15 fucking years benefiting from it.

If you can count on one thing from Gurm it's these regular displays of his utter lack of self-awareness.

Book Five of the series, A Dance with Dragons, is expected to be published before the end of the year, but there are two more books (The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring) to come and a minimum of four-to-five years to get there. However, between fully greenlighting the project, pre-production, production and publicity, it looks like the TV version of A Game of Thrones will not be aired until 2009 or 2010 at the earliest, giving GRRM plenty of time to complete most of the remaining work on the novels before the TV series gets underway.

The Wertzone, January 17, 2007
"I recommended ASoIaF to a guy who's really been annoying me. I cannot describe how pleased I was when he said he'd check it out. It's like The Ring but the end of the tape is just NFL updates and posts about calendars." -Odrade at SA
graff
Small Plane Large Seat Demander

Highscores: 1

Postby UnmightyWhitey » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:02 am

Actually I don't mind so much about GRRM putting his money into something like this project which will help the community...or with his involvement with the wolf charity. To be fair he does have a point about fake news and people not checking their facts. There are some really loopy videos out there - like Michelle Obama is transgender and the Queen of England is a lizard! It would be nice to get a book ending to ASOIAF but I'm not waiting with bated breath. This doesn't have anything to do with GRRM but surely fake news has been around a lot longer than the last few months. There are some people who have the "Well it must be true because I read it in the paper" attitude and not everyone has the money to bring a libel action (Elton John brought one in the '80s and the paper did recant, albeit in smaller print than they had run the original story). Sometimes the mud sticks when a story has been dodgy at best. My understanding (I am not and never have been a journalist) is that reporters are asked to find at least 3 independent sources before running with a story but of course in these days of the Twitterati and Facebook people will sometimes retweet/pass on a juicy morsel without establishing its veracity (or not). There have been a couple of cases where people have posted on Twitter have come to regret it. One young man posted a sick joke on Twitter after a crime against a child and ended up with some angry people outside his house if I remember rightly (I'm going from memory and don't have a link) and one woman who tweeted something unpleasant about the McCanns (as in Madeleine's parents) and was outed by the media and ended up taking her own life. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... hears.html

Of course in the past (maybe even now) some stories were suppressed - in the UK there have been revelations about some media stars who were paedophiles back in the day but nothing was ever done about it (and some of the worst of them are dead and can't be prosecuted - how convenient).

Sorry, I've rather wavered from the topic of the novelisation of GoT. After waiting a number of years (it's a little over 4 years since I became aware of GoT/ASOIAF) for the next installation of the book series I've come round to an "if and when" attitude to it. GRRM may not be my b**ch but I'm not his either. As for detraction becoming more mainstream - well maybe, but I think there are some folk who will go to their grave thinking ASOIAF is a great work (I'd rate it a good work - the first 3 tomes anyhow - rather than great). I don't read the pookwanker threads very often because they are so rancid, but there can be some gems of humour in there - I can't find the thread but someone said that rather than Lena Headey a "natural" blonde such as Charlize Theron should have been cast. http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n ... te-5703080 Don't get me wrong, Ms Theron is a very nice-looking lady and I don't have a problem if people aren't taken with Lena Headey's acting (for the record I myself think LH is very good as Cersei).

Not much action on the boards lately - is everybody inundated with work?
UnmightyWhitey
Miniature Slash Fanboi

PreviousNext

Return to Is Winter Coming?