Welcome
Welcome to IS WINTER COMING?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

My Ipad is a piece of **** -rant-

Where to post when you dont know where to post.

Re: My Ipad is a piece of **** -rant-

Postby Cosmic Bob » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:10 pm

I have an 3 year old ipad, only because work paid for it. It is adequate for my needs: web browsing, playing Carcassone, watching movies. But useless for actual productive work. I tried to add a SQL Server management app to it (they do exist), epic fail.

I rarely use the thing anyway.
Cosmic Bob
GRRMsguard

Postby marlboro gold » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:26 pm

It does surprise me you can't use more than two apps at the same time, because one of the stonger points Apple products have against their competitors is multitasking, I have used macs while working on several programs at the same time and they are way better than pcs in that regard, at least in my experience.

I meant simultaneously on the same screen.

I bought a Galaxy tab a month ago. I just plug it, and drag and drop. Works both ways, since now know where my files actually are.
I can also put the SD card of my phone in the Tab, or vice versa.
That makes a world of difference. Now I actually like transferring stuff.
Why anyone would like an Ipad is beyond me.
ImageSMOKING KILLS Image
marlboro gold
Marquise MUSH de Kincqe

Postby Haramberglar » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:34 pm

Marketing and ignorance.

My sisters are obsessed with Apple. When I tell them the iPhone is a piece of trash for not having an SD card (like every other smartphone on the market) they say "Well, I would never want that anyways". Conveniently forgetting the fact that "who would ever use that?" was the same defense given by Apple users when people criticized the first gen iPhone for not having apps.

Oh well, I heard the new iWatch is tanking. I guess you can't even get Apple fans to buy something that tacky, inefficient, and overpriced.
:Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies:
Haramberglar
Fattinazi

Highscores: 2

Postby Alex Greyjoy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:37 pm

Hamburglar wrote:Marketing and ignorance.

My sisters are obsessed with Apple. When I tell them the iPhone is a piece of trash for not having an SD card (like every other smartphone on the market) they say "Well, I would never want that anyways". Conveniently forgetting the fact that "who would ever use that?" was the same defense given by Apple users when people criticized the first gen iPhone for not having apps.

Oh well, I heard the new iWatch is tanking. I guess you can't even get Apple fans to buy something that tacky, inefficient, and overpriced.

Sadly, new Samsung phones starting from Galaxy S6 don't have SD card or replaceable battery too.

Fuck Dorne

Alex Greyjoy
Duke of Detraction

Postby Haramberglar » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:38 pm

What!?

When did this idea of simple convenience become obsolete?

I'm so angry typewriter right now.
:Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies: :Ilikeboobies:
Haramberglar
Fattinazi

Postby Alex Greyjoy » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:18 am

Hamburglar wrote:What!?

When did this idea of simple convenience become obsolete?

I'm so angry typewriter right now.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s6-6849.php

Card slot - no.

Same for all their models that came after S6. I think Galaxy Note 4 (which I have, it's awesome) was the last one with a memory card.

Fuck Dorne

Alex Greyjoy
Duke of Detraction

Postby flying monkey » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:35 am

Why let people buy a cheap SD card to get more memory when you can force them to buy a whole new phone?
flying monkey
Tits & Dragons

Postby Alex Greyjoy » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:45 am

flying monkey wrote:Why let people buy a cheap SD card to get more memory when you can force them to buy a whole new phone?

Yeah, it works well with iPhones, after all.

Fuck Dorne

Alex Greyjoy
Duke of Detraction

Postby marlboro gold » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:14 pm

flying monkey wrote:Why let people buy a cheap SD card to get more memory when you can force them to buy a whole new phone?

Cos if you dont offer advantages over macinshit they will swith to macinshit.
ImageSMOKING KILLS Image
marlboro gold
Marquise MUSH de Kincqe

Postby HaiYouGuise2 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:25 pm

Why do you need all that memory on your phone? ? ?
That's LADY Dondarrion to you

Breaker of Trolls wrote:Yeah, yeah, I know, you want Beric's mouthful all to yourself. :whistling:
HaiYouGuise2
Baron von GRRMhousen

Previous

Return to Random Topics