Welcome
Welcome to IS WINTER COMING?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

GRRM NAB:Game of Thrones Someday To Be Adapted Into A Novel

The forum where you can debate the long waits between books in the "A Song of Ice and Fire" saga without being banned or frowned upon (depending on how you choose to word yourself, you *may* expect frowning).

Re: GRRM NAB:Game of Thrones Someday To Be Adapted Into A No

Postby Dolan » Mon May 15, 2017 4:51 pm

This is so dumb. Season 5 levels of dumb.
They'll just dump anything anyone could possibly care about and just write about the great adventures of krzksj mo randomletters and his great conquest of slaver's bay, with extra titties and campy fight scenes.
And the reason he didn't want Dunk N' Egg is cause he's afraid they'll finish before him! LOL Of course they would, not like he'll publish any new ones anyway, might as well do it like the main story and give them the general outlines and let them finish it.
Dolan
Bad Hombre

Postby JakeMagnus » Mon May 15, 2017 6:39 pm

So it's five possible series now and all prequels. Even if they only film one, I think they might overestimate the interest people have in the history of a fictional world.
JakeMagnus
12 Hour Work Day

Postby rightbrain » Mon May 15, 2017 6:43 pm

George isn't exactly subtle. So when he rules out Robert's Rebellion and Dunk and Egg but doesn't rule out Princess and the Queen and Rogue Prince it is pretty clear that the HBO spin off is going to be focussed on The Dance of Dragons.
rightbrain
Yelmer of the Week

Postby Dolan » Mon May 15, 2017 11:28 pm

rightbrain wrote:George isn't exactly subtle. So when he rules out Robert's Rebellion and Dunk and Egg but doesn't rule out Princess and the Queen and Rogue Prince it is pretty clear that the HBO spin off is going to be focussed on The Dance of Dragons.

Dumb as it might be, this is his argument for not doing robert's rebellion:
We're not doing Robert's Rebellion either. I know thousands of you want that, I know there's a petition... but by the time I finish writing A SONG OF ICE & FIRE, you will know every important thing that happened in Robert's Rebellion. There would be no surprises or revelations left in such a show, just the acting out of conflicts whose resolutions you already know. That's not a story I want to tell just now; it would feel too much like a twice-told tale.

I think those two stories could also be considered already told tales but this is gurm so it's not like we could expect any coherent, reasonable outcome. Who knows what those scripts are about.
Dolan
Bad Hombre

Postby The Dude Abides » Mon May 15, 2017 11:50 pm

As far as his mystery "unnamed 5th writer", my money is on Ty Franck.

*Disclaimer*
To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.
*Discaimer*
The Dude Abides
12 Inches of Troll

Postby Atreyu » Tue May 16, 2017 1:20 am

I'm not writing The Winds of Winter either. I know thousands of you want that, I know there's a petition... but by the time HBO finishes adapting A SONG OF ICE & FIRE, you will know every important thing that happened in Westeros. There would be no surprises or revelations left in such a book, just the acting out of conflicts whose resolutions you already know. That's not a story I want to tell just now; it would feel too much like a twice-told tale.

ftfy
No, I am not a best-selling fantasy author whose series HBO picked up. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn. Go fuck yourself.
Atreyu
El Consolador

Postby rightbrain » Tue May 16, 2017 2:56 am

Dolan wrote:
rightbrain wrote:George isn't exactly subtle. So when he rules out Robert's Rebellion and Dunk and Egg but doesn't rule out Princess and the Queen and Rogue Prince it is pretty clear that the HBO spin off is going to be focussed on The Dance of Dragons.

We're not doing Robert's Rebellion either. I know thousands of you want that, I know there's a petition... but by the time I finish writing A SONG OF ICE & FIRE, you will know every important thing that happened in Robert's Rebellion. There would be no surprises or revelations left in such a show, just the acting out of conflicts whose resolutions you already know. That's not a story I want to tell just now; it would feel too much like a twice-told tale.

I think those two stories could also be considered already told tales but this is gurm so it's not like we could expect any coherent, reasonable outcome. Who knows what those scripts are about.

It think he means twice-told as in most of the stuff is already covered in GoT

Will Phaedogar leave his wife and screw Loli Stark? Yes.
Will King Robert win the throne? Yes.
Will Davos deliver some onions? Yes
Will Tywin betray the Mad King? Yes
Will Dany escape across the narrow sea and never come back? Yes

There just isn't a lot of meat left on the bone unless you want to learn all about Jon "cuck" Arryn.
rightbrain
Yelmer of the Week

Postby Dolan » Tue May 16, 2017 3:18 am

Ehh.. We knew what happened in most of seasons 1-5 and watched it anyway
Same argument could be applied to Aegon's conquest and the Dance of Dragons, both have all major plot points already written/known by the public, the reading public at least.
Don't know what the "rogue prince" refers to.
Dolan
Bad Hombre

Postby Mickey2093 » Tue May 16, 2017 2:15 pm

Dolan wrote:

I think that this statement explains entirely why we haven't seen winds, and likely won't.
the story has already been told, by HBO -
pamparius wrote:...Mickey said, surprising nobody :green:
FalseKnight wrote:Mickey is sort of an expert on Dicks.
Uruk wrote:Why fuck longer the pussy of delay?
Mickey2093
Dicktractor

Postby Broken Fox » Wed May 17, 2017 12:42 am

I think we'll see Winds of Winter for sure, Dream of Spring.. unlikely.

And 5 series's's's based off ASOIAF? The fuck? I'm guessing they mean something like True Detective where each season is a different story/setting.
Broken Fox
12 Hour Work Day

Postby Onrack » Thu May 18, 2017 6:45 pm

Fuck...well, hopefully only one or two will make it through HBO's sieve. Maybe with one of the better writers listed here. I have nothing but contempt for every single prequel I've ever seen or read. No exceptions. Even Better Call Saul is tension-free bullshit.

Also, Dolan....Season 5 is good bitch
Onrack
Grizzled GRRuMbler

Postby Dolan » Thu May 18, 2017 11:25 pm

You're just a shill for Big HBO.

Wait, which season was the shitty one? I remember it was the one with the bad pussy and that was season 5?
Dolan
Bad Hombre

Postby Onrack » Fri May 19, 2017 10:35 am

It was indeed Season 5...which was good by the way
Onrack
Grizzled GRRuMbler

Postby Alex Greyjoy » Fri May 19, 2017 10:51 am

Season 5 was OK. Not the best one, but still OK. The problem with it was that it had to adapt the worst parts of the story (AFFC/ADWD). Still, it had Hardhome, which was fucking awesome.

Fuck Dorne

Alex Greyjoy
Duke of Detraction

Postby rightbrain » Fri May 19, 2017 6:27 pm

Alex Greyjoy wrote:Season 5 was OK. Not the best one, but still OK. The problem with it was that it had to adapt the worst parts of the story (AFFC/ADWD). Still, it had Hardhome, which was fucking awesome.

HBO took the last decade of Gurm's crap, stuck it in a single season and gave us Hardhome as an apology. :kissy:
rightbrain
Yelmer of the Week

PreviousNext

Return to Is Winter Coming?