Welcome
Welcome to IS WINTER COMING?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Vikings

TV, cinema, gaming, music discussion.

Re: Vikings

Postby Alex Greyjoy » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:40 pm

Morgoth wrote:
Spoiler:
Not a big fan either, I like Rollo but I don't like how his character is being handled, by being a traitor -AGAIN.
Like I said before, I can understand him being angry and jealous, but seems like a petty motive for turning his back on all of his own people. After all the Jarl Borg thing you'd think he learned something, but here we go again.

Spoiler:
There's one thing Rollo never does - it's learning. His character is very consistent in its inconsistency, if it makes sense :)
Maybe being made a Duke and having a Frankish princess for a wife finally flipped him against Ragnar for good. It's much more than being allied to some small Jarl from gods know where.

Fuck Dorne

Alex Greyjoy
Duke of Detraction

Postby pamparius » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:49 pm

Spoiler:
I don't really understand what use Rollo is to them without his own force of warriors. Why don't they just get rid of him? Are they really incapable of coming up with ways to defeat Ragnar without him? That's my only complaint so far, but I actually sort of like Rollo's arc, its' provided some laughs.

Oh, I'm also really confused as to the relevance of the Mercia plotline. I really like Ecbert, but I'm struggling to see how it's going to tie in. The whole dynamic between Aethelwulf, Judith and Ecbert seems strange... I mean... Strange even outside of the fact that there's a father sleeping with his son's wife who is carrying the illegitimate child of a christian monk turned viking warrior. Not complaining about it, mind, just curious to see where it goes.
pamparius
4.5-Star Assistant Clerk

Postby Strider » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:37 pm

OMG! I read Pimparius' post! you can't possibly be serious! I thought he's gonna marry Lagartha or something. I mean Ecbert. I'm only at season 3 ep 4. Jesus! And what the hell??? the monk does it with Judith?! This is worth watching just because :laugh:
Strider
Nice Girl ? Bad Pussy !!

Postby pamparius » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:26 pm

You're in for a bit of a ride Strider :green:
pamparius
4.5-Star Assistant Clerk

Postby Morgoth » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:40 pm

Vikings has been renewed for a fifth season, so I guess Ragnar will stick around?
Mickey2093 wrote:Morgoth is NOT a particularly mature poster. Downright silly at times.

LadyDi wrote:He didn't choose the cock. The cock chose him.

https://www.goodreads.com/Val1989
Morgoth
Pinball Wizard

Postby Dolan » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:38 pm

Spoiler:
I think the scene where Rollo teaches the Count how to defend Paris is explanation enough. I still don't understand why Rollo decide to kill his own warriors, but him alone is enough of an asset to the Franks.
The whole love triangle thing is getting old fast on me too. Judith is such a babe, btw. I completely understand Aethelstan, lol.
"Gordo puto de las gónadas perdidas de los inmaculados. Por el amor al Dios Rojo, sentate a escribir, vago malparido."

~ Words from the Prophet
Dolan
Bad Hombre

Postby pamparius » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:29 pm

Judith. She's a fox. In French, she would be called "la renarde" and she would be hunted, with only her cunning to protect her.
pamparius
4.5-Star Assistant Clerk

Postby Morgoth » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:14 am

Mickey2093 wrote:Morgoth is NOT a particularly mature poster. Downright silly at times.

LadyDi wrote:He didn't choose the cock. The cock chose him.

https://www.goodreads.com/Val1989
Morgoth
Pinball Wizard

Postby Alex Greyjoy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:35 am

Morgoth wrote:

This show has its highs and lows, but I still love it.

Fuck Dorne

Alex Greyjoy
Duke of Detraction

Postby pamparius » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:11 pm

What'd you guys think of last seasons C-plot where Helga and Floki "adopt" that muslim girl? Overall, I thought it was interesting, illustrating a further divergence of paths between Helga and Floki. Any ideas as to where this is leading us?
pamparius
4.5-Star Assistant Clerk

Postby Alex Greyjoy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:34 pm

pamparius wrote:What'd you guys think of last seasons C-plot where Helga and Floki "adopt" that muslim girl? Overall, I thought it was interesting, illustrating a further divergence of paths between Helga and Floki. Any ideas as to where this is leading us?

I didn't care about it much. but it was fitting considering Helga state of mind after her daughter died. It was a sad way for her character to go.

I've heard something about Floki going to Iceland in season 5. I think there are even scenes shot in Iceland (or somewhere that look a lot like Iceland) in the S5 trailer.

Fuck Dorne

Alex Greyjoy
Duke of Detraction

Previous

Return to Culture