Welcome
Welcome to IS WINTER COMING?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

A Game of Thrones: Season 2

Discussion of all aspects of the TV show - the faltering novelization, the comics, the art, the new canon, the games, etc.

Re: A Game of Thrones: Season 2

Postby Daekte » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:00 pm

Recent trailer - very good. I'm very curious about this show - I mean we already have 2 good trailers, one bad and one awful poster. And JapieQ I admire your photoshop skills, though I would like to have more turtles - and yes, that's excellent promo for 5 season - Turtles are coming!
Daekte
Quesadilla Killa

Highscores: 1

Re: HD - Game of Thrones Season 2: "Seven Devils" Trailer

Postby darkway » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:04 pm

OMG, actual battle scenes this season!!!!
darkway
Lurking with Lindaaaa

Re: HD - Game of Thrones Season 2: "Seven Devils" Trailer

Postby Daekte » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:18 pm

Hello, aceezo, nice to meet you. And I'm trilled with new season, too.
Daekte
Quesadilla Killa

Postby Weeks » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:29 am

I absolutely love the new trailer.
Weeks
Detracting is SO dope !

Postby silentmajority » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:26 pm

Merged the HD - Game of Thrones Season 2: "Seven Devils" Trailer thread with the A Game of Thrones: Season 2.
Have any of you even considered that maybe George just isn't that good? That he got lucky with the first three books? That he had a great story leading up to the Red Wedding and the rest of the story he has no frickin' clue? haha Does that even cross your minds? ~ Shawn Speakman 1/31/2012
silentmajority
The God Of GRRuMble

Postby JapieQ » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:01 pm

I'm on a phone now, so can't post links but what do you guys thinks of the CGI Grey Wind shot? Doesn't look half bad at all. And the Simpsons GoT intro was hilarious.
"I would happily vote for a satisfactory TV-ending and no further books. It would be the end of George skullfucking the brains out of his own story. That shit is just tragic to witness."

- UnGregorian_Chanting
JapieQ
Emperor Of Detraction

Postby Daekte » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:04 pm

Well, the shot of Grey Wind was kind of short - I agree it looked good, though I'm not sure, how it will look like in long shots (if they will risk to take them). At least they do not use huskies anymore (don't get me wrong - I really loved them, they were cute, but as it was indicated by Slynt "not really a dire, and not really wolves";-)

P.S. I saw Simpsons GoT intro - great fun!
Daekte
Quesadilla Killa

Postby weniusa » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:21 pm

I love the new trailer!! Really, really great, and the music helps a lot to set the feeling. It's suitably epic.
The shot of Grey Wind is amazing, for those of you who haven't seen it, check it out

The look on Grey Wind's eyes is almost human

ps: sorry for the huge image, how can I make it smaller?
"How can you measure thinking? You can count the tables a carpenter makes, but what kind of rule could measure the amount of thought necessary to define the essence of tableosity?"
weniusa
Lean Mean Detracting Machine

Postby flowered » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:36 pm

weniusa wrote:The look on Grey Wind's eyes is almost human

Indeed. And thank you for the snapshot.

Oh, Robb you should have listen to your wolf mate!... :(

weniusa wrote:
ps: sorry for the huge image, how can I make it smaller?

When you take the image link directly from somewhere over the i-net I think the procedure would be slow:
- download it on your PC and then;
- upload it with some useful program - for example the one that you have used for your avatar. In my case it is usually Imagesnack. When you are uploading it - you shall define the desireble size of the image. 800/600 is the one that almost any "modern" monitor and PC video card would reproduce without overstretching the eyes pf the beholder...
And under 'modern' I meam anything that still shines at the front and would basically include also GRRM specially designated DOS writing machine.

Not sure if it was helpful But I usually make it this way.
---
KEEPING PEOPLE WAITING.—A sure way of exasperating people and of putting bad thoughts into their heads is to keep them waiting long. That makes them immoral- Human All-Too-Human (310), Friedrich Nietzsche
---
GRRM happens to be fat. This is a fact. He happens to be disrespectful of the role his fans have played in his financial success. This is a fact. He happens to have a highly questionable work ethic. This is a fact. We aren't defaming anyone, we're calling it like we see it.

scorpiknox
flowered
Cuntstained Finger

Postby Lori Petty » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:03 am

The Simpsons did a parody of the AGOT opening - http://io9.com/5890410/watch-the-simpsons-game-of-thrones-intro
If you're bored, come on and check out my archive of my "~sephen the insane Russian fan" not-a-blog comments: http://loripetty.livejournal.com

Is Winter Coming?
"...a forum where George RR Martin's personal habits, sexual predilictions and character, and those of his family, friends and fans, are repeatedly used as a source of alleged humour." - Adam Whitehead ("werthead")
Lori Petty
Turpid Turtle Turd

Postby weniusa » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:10 pm

Yeah, it was very cool (especially Burns Landing and The Couch) and, above all, it gives Game of Thrones more popularity. Do you think the HBO has paid Matt Groening to include this in the Simpsons?
"How can you measure thinking? You can count the tables a carpenter makes, but what kind of rule could measure the amount of thought necessary to define the essence of tableosity?"
weniusa
Lean Mean Detracting Machine

Postby Annan » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:57 pm

All I can say is that I would shit my pants if Grey Wind was staring me down. Glad HBO has the budget to do decent CGI.
Annan
12 Inches of Troll

Postby mila » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:55 pm

Are y'all keeping up with the trailers? Yet another one.

In no particular order
- Cercei slaps Joff (and so is no longer the one-dimensional cartoon villain from the books)**
http://i.imgur.com/8Fm5f.gif
- Joff with Ros. Wut?
http://i.imgur.com/psZNU.jpg
- Osha in bed with Theon
http://i.imgur.com/cAYKK.jpg
- Renly has some heterosexual sexytimes with Margaery
http://i.imgur.com/uitB0.jpg
- Asha/Yara is not the sexy badass from the books (and Theon's hand is making its way towards her iron swamp)
http://i.imgur.com/CmKE0.jpg

** Linda is going to go batshit crazy about this
Last edited by mila on Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TROOOOOL IN THE DUNGEON!!1
mila
New York Giant

Postby Dolan » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:01 pm

can't wait to see Asha trolling the shit out of theon :troll:
"In the granaries were oats and wheat and barley, and barrels of coarse ground flour... onions and garlic... and bags of carrots, parsnips, radishes, and white and yellow turnips... wheels of cheese so large it took two men to move them... casks of salt beef, salt pork, salt mutton, and salt cod were stacked ten feet high. Three hundred hams and three thousand long black sausages... peppercorns, cloves, and cinnamon, mustard seeds, coriander, sage and clary sage and parsley" etc, etc, and so on...
Dolan
Grizzled GRRuMbler

Postby winteriscomingbitch » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:38 pm

Asha looks disgusting, I can't fap to that.
"I'm going to steal the Declaration of Independence." - Nicolas Cage
winteriscomingbitch
Harry´s HUGO Hugger

PreviousNext

Return to HBO's "Game Of Thrones"