Welcome
Welcome to IS WINTER COMING?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

The Amazon reviews

Discussion of all aspects of the franchise - the novels, the comics, the TV series, the art, the games.

Re: The Amazon reviews

Postby Alternator » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:03 pm

still here, im not going anywhere

obvious alt is obvious
the virginity is strong with this one.
Alternator
One of the Cool Kids

Postby Atreyu » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:19 pm

Alternator wrote:still here, im not going anywhere

obvious alt is obvious

FFS, your frustration is showing. Have your hands cramped up from so much furious masturbating you can no longer pour the chloroform without spilling it on date night? Well, I suppose the recent Supreme Court ruling on the Stolen Valor Act gives you a legal angle to "get some".
"I don't read novelizations of movies/TV shows. They're never any good." -Water Damage
Atreyu
Duke of Detraction

Postby RolandSlinger » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:30 pm

Atreyu wrote:Tomorrow afternoon, while Mr. RolandSlinger is preparing for open mike nite at the Des Moines, IA Waffle House, I'll betcha he's wearing his Ivory bath soap down to a sliver. Thinking about me.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R11G4ATA2K ... hisHelpful

Imagine my lack of surprise when I checked my buzzfeed to see this nerd wringing his hands at how awful I am on an obscure Martin message board! I understand that you think yourself a high in intellect while you sneer down your nose at me when in actuality you are just talking shit, the same thing that seems to have triggered the gag reflex for your delicate sensibilities in the first place.

If you troll around, you'll find I didn't do the same. Why? Because I have manners. A way of treating people. So, the same thing you labelled me for being a "douche" about seems to be practiced by yourself.

I was having fun with it, and that was all. Because the person and the comedic side of my writing is a character, something you play, an act. The real me is nothing like that. It seems to be different with you as you hide behind a computer and be snide with your friends.

So, have fun with that if it offers some sort of reward for you.

You can catch me at the Comedy Store in La Jolla, California. Yes, it's an open mic. I've been at comedy for two years now so I'm sharpening my skills. Have fun, anonymous guy!

Douche, out!
RolandSlinger
Citizen

Postby JapieQ » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:01 pm

Welcome Roland Slinger. What is your opinion on Louie CK?

And we are not obscure, we have been in the New Yorker for cryin' out loud!
"I would happily vote for a satisfactory TV-ending and no further books. It would be the end of George skullfucking the brains out of his own story. That shit is just tragic to witness."

- UnGregorian_Chanting
JapieQ
Duke of Detraction

Highscores: 1

Postby RolandSlinger » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:09 pm

JapieQ wrote:Welcome Roland Slinger. What is your opinion on Louie CK?

And we are not obscure, we have been in the New Yorker for cryin' out loud!

My utmost apologies, I certainly won't bring down your site from any notoriety you received, and mean that with no sarcasm.

I think Louis CK is brilliant! It's hard to see some of his fans kind of come off his show this season because they kind of don't get it. He's hitting subjects that are poignant at times, and making the show timeless for the future, much like Seinfeld did with his show about nothing. I like that he also completely controls the show and doesn't explain anything (the little girls on the show have had actor changes, his wife is black in the first episode this season, etc).

His Radiohead-esque approach to selling his work and now tickets to shows on his website instead of going through a service for a decent price shows also that he cares about his fans.

As comedy goes, this is his era to shine. Some fall off after awhile (Eddie Murphy comes to mind) and some stay successful on stage (Chappelle, Seinfeld, even Cosby), so it'll be interesting to see if he can do the same.

And this is the best thing he's ever done in my opinion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK8Y2nO_8TM
@RolandSlinger on twitter. Duh.
RolandSlinger
Citizen

Postby maliti » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:21 pm

RolandSlinger wrote: And this is the best thing he's ever done in my opinion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK8Y2nO_8TM

thank you so much! never saw this. Amazing.
"It's hard to see some of his fans kind of come off his show this season because they kind of don't get it." :shock: What? Really? I can´t believe it. What is it they don´t understand?
Choo choo motherfucker!
maliti
12 Hour Work Day

Postby RolandSlinger » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:24 pm

maliti wrote:
RolandSlinger wrote:

"It's hard to see some of his fans kind of come off his show this season because they kind of don't get it." :shock: What? Really? I can´t believe it. What is it they don´t understand?

Just that he's not explaining a lot. You'll notice it's gotten a little slower from season 1 and people don't follow along. Unfortunately, attention spans are weakening these days.

So I hear a lot of "Man, i can't watch this season, it's soooooo slow!". Comedians get it. He's just using complete creative control which ANYONE that get's a show wants.
RolandSlinger
Citizen

Postby maliti » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:32 pm

but there is nothing to explain! The first episode of this season was great. The dialogue with his girlfriend when "she breaks up with him"
is perfect television. Really funny scene. And I laughed when I realized his ex is black now.
Choo choo motherfucker!
maliti
12 Hour Work Day

Postby RolandSlinger » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:33 pm

you and me both! The ham and eggers want something easier. That's fine, they can stay away from the show. It'll be successful and the fans will stick around.
RolandSlinger
Citizen

Postby maliti » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:52 pm

RolandSlinger: If you want there is a thread here to talk about what you're watching (tv or movies. Look for Culture link in the Board index). I tend to go off topic (without wanting it) in forums or blogs and I don´t want to keep doing that.
I would like to ask you a question about the production of the show because in my country there isn´t a single TV channel for Louie so I have to watch it online (Can i even say this? erase me if not) but I really would like to pay for it because I love all his initiatives and efforts to bring his work to all people.
Choo choo motherfucker!
maliti
12 Hour Work Day

Postby Atreyu » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:41 pm

RolandSlinger wrote:Imagine my lack of surprise when I checked my buzzfeed to see this nerd wringing his hands at how awful I am on an obscure Martin message board! I understand that you think yourself a high in intellect while you sneer down your nose at me when in actuality you are just talking shit, the same thing that seems to have triggered the gag reflex for your delicate sensibilities in the first place.

If you troll around, you'll find I didn't do the same. Why? Because I have manners. A way of treating people. So, the same thing you labelled me for being a "douche" about seems to be practiced by yourself.

I was having fun with it, and that was all. Because the person and the comedic side of my writing is a character, something you play, an act. The real me is nothing like that. It seems to be different with you as you hide behind a computer and be snide with your friends.

So, have fun with that if it offers some sort of reward for you.

You can catch me at the Comedy Store in La Jolla, California. Yes, it's an open mic. I've been at comedy for two years now so I'm sharpening my skills. Have fun, anonymous guy!

Douche, out!

Well well well, look who slinked in. Your idea of "fun" was taking a dump on people who spend time on Amazon. So, you reaped a little bit, pudding pie. Hope you're not too butthurt. My suggestion that you sucked your boss's cock was my way of saying that I doubted you earned a living as a comedian, as you asserted in this statment:

RolandSlinger wrote:...as someone that tells jokes for a living

Turns out, I was right. Funny, that.

RolandSlinger wrote:If you troll around, you'll find I didn't do the same.

At your invitation, I did. I seem to recall a link on your Twitter(?) where you had a screenshot of your Amazon review and told people how you were going to school those internet losers you discovered there. Gotta call bullshit on that, too. So, yeah, I called you a douche.
"I don't read novelizations of movies/TV shows. They're never any good." -Water Damage
Atreyu
Duke of Detraction

Postby RolandSlinger » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:43 pm

RolandSlinger wrote:If you troll around, you'll find I didn't do the same.

At your invitation, I did. I seem to recall a link on your Twitter(?) where you had a screenshot of your Amazon review and told people how you were going to school those internet losers you discovered there. Gotta call bullshit on that, too. So, yeah, I called you a douche.

Oh that's correct, i totally did! I forgot! I apologize about that.

So yeah, I called you a loser.
RolandSlinger
Citizen

Postby Atreyu » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:46 pm

An irredeemable loser? Because perhaps you're not an irredeemable douche.
Atreyu
Duke of Detraction

Postby RolandSlinger » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:47 pm

Atreyu wrote:An irredeemable loser? Because perhaps you're not an irredeemable douche.

Yes, sir. My apologies.
RolandSlinger
Citizen

Postby Atreyu » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:14 pm

Awwwww ... and I was extending an olive branch.
Atreyu
Duke of Detraction

PreviousNext

Return to George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire"