Welcome
Welcome to IS WINTER COMING?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Where do whores go?

Discussion of all aspects of the TV show - the faltering novelization, the comics, the art, the new canon, the games, etc.

Where do whores go?

Postby Epsi » Sun May 15, 2011 1:40 am

We seem to be discussing the big questions of the series atm, so why not this one?

I am sure you guys remember Tysha and Tyrions tragic story.
And i am sure we all noticed arya, sam and the mysterious sailors wife in braavos

The weddings were loud and jolly, with a lot of drinking. Whenever Cat happened by with her barrow, the Sailor’s Wife would insist that her new husband buy some oysters, to stiffen him for the consummation. She was good that way, and quick to laugh as well, but Cat thought there was something sad about her too.

The other whores said that the Sailor’s Wife visited the Isle of the Gods on the days when her flower was in bloom, and knew all the gods who lived there, even the ones that Braavos had forgotten. They said she went to pray for her first husband, her true husband, who had been lost at sea when she was a girl no older than Lanna. “She thinks that if she finds the right god, maybe he will send the winds and blow her old love back to her,” said one-eyed Yna, who had known her longest, “but I pray it never happens. Her love is dead, I could taste that in her blood. If he ever should come back to her, it will be a corpse.”

A daughter called Lanna...cmon george, do you want to be any more specific. Hence the theory that the sailors wife is tysha. This makes some sense, but why lost at sea? Tyrion has never been to sea, whats more she knew exactly where he was. But the lanna hint is too obvious a reference to lannister. Yet there is another lannister who everyone forgets. Gerion, the youngest brother of tywin. Went to sea in search of brightroar the valyrian blade lost by the lannisters, and his path would have led him right to braavos. I think the sailors wife is gerions mistress, and i think tyrion is going to find brightroar bring it back to westeros and become head of the lannisters...I believe we will never actually see tysha, sad, but i can't see any other people we have met so far, fitting the bill.
What do you guys think?
“I am a very talented eater, though not much of a cook.” -George RR Martin
Epsi
Harry´s HUGO Hugger

Re: Where do whores go?

Postby louisev » Sun May 15, 2011 2:28 am

Tysha was actually a crofter's daughter. Jaime told Tyrion that.
"Pluto was a patsy!"
louisev
Duke of Detraction

Postby graff » Sun May 15, 2011 3:12 am

She was a crofter's daughter. Then Tywin gave her to the guards at Casterly Rock for a silver a pop.

I'm pretty sure most women don't just go back to living their old lives after something like that, and some will be psychologically broken to the point that they will either see themselves as the whore they were treated as or come to believe that nobody decent would want a relationship with them anymore.

I'm more of a mind that this Sailor's Wife was Gerion's lover and will (1) be befriended by Tyrion and (2) put him on a path to finding out what happened to Gerion (and therefore where Brightroar might be).
"I recommended ASoIaF to a guy who's really been annoying me. I cannot describe how pleased I was when he said he'd check it out. It's like The Ring but the end of the tape is just NFL updates and posts about calendars." -Odrade at SA
graff
Cuntstained Finger

Highscores: 1

Postby Splitter » Sun May 15, 2011 3:46 am

graff wrote:She was a crofter's daughter. Then Tywin gave her to the guards at Casterly Rock for a silver a pop.

I'm pretty sure most women don't just go back to living their old lives after something like that, and some will be psychologically broken to the point that they will either see themselves as the whore they were treated as or come to believe that nobody decent would want a relationship with them anymore.

I'm more of a mind that this Sailor's Wife was Gerion's lover and will (1) be befriended by Tyrion and (2) put him on a path to finding out what happened to Gerion (and therefore where Brightroar might be).

Ding, ding, winner!

Splitter
Splitter
Duke of Detraction

Postby Epsi » Sun May 15, 2011 8:15 am

My only thing is, that lanna is just the right age to have been fathered by tyrion. tryion was 13 when he had sex with tysha, 26 now, and lanna is about 13...
“I am a very talented eater, though not much of a cook.” -George RR Martin
Epsi
Harry´s HUGO Hugger

Return to HBO's "Game Of Thrones"